China Green Bulletin: EV Sales Dip on Scaled-Back Incentives, Green Lending Maintains Strong Growth
You are receiving the free biweekly version of China Green Bulletin. Sign up here for our email to keep up to date on green, energy and ESG news out of China.
Top News Items
China’s EV market downshifts on scaled-back incentives in January
China’s electric vehicle (EV) industry developed rapidly in 2022. The sales volume of new energy vehicles (NEVs), which include EVs and hybrid vehicles, reached 6.9 million, ranking first globally. However, sales have dwindled as the government dropped subsidies for the industry. From Jan. 1 to Jan. 27, retail sales of EV and hybrid passenger cars plunged 43% from the same period last month and 1% year-on-year to 304,000 vehicles.
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1South Korea’s Hanwha Wins Three More Approvals for Daewoo Shipbuilding Deal
- 2Chinese Police Arrest Multiple Pro Soccer Players
- 3The China Price War That Tesla Started May Wipe Out Some Carmakers
- 4Exclusive: Meituan Co-Founder’s AI Startup to Buy OneFlow Technology
- 5Saudi Aramco Boosts China Investment With $3.6 Billion Refinery Deal
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas