China’s Provinces Slowly Bow to Port Sector Streamlining
Busy ports linking “the world’s factory” and the rest of the world are now targets of a Chinese government consolidation campaign that previously spurred high-profile mergers among state-owned shipping and logistics companies.
By consolidating port operations according to administrative regions such as provinces, Beijing hopes to reduce competition and promote economies of scale. Officials also expect consolidated ports to be managed more efficiently.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas