Tencent Trades ‘Honour’ for ‘Valor’ as It Eyes U.S. for Popular Game
When is valor more important than honor?
The question may sound like one for philosophers or perhaps medieval scholars, but internet giant Tencent may be hoping a switch to the former from the latter will help its smash-hit game win over the world’s second-largest gaming market.
“Arena of Valor” is the official new name for a game until recently known in English as “Honour of Kings,” a spokeswoman from Tencent Holdings Ltd. confirmed to Caixin. The switch comes just three months after media outlets reported that Tencent was preparing a U.S. launch for the title, whose huge popularity in China has sparked debate over the game’s addictive nature.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas