China’s Gas Consumption Jumps on Anti-Pollution Campaign
China's consumption of natural gas has risen more than twice as quickly as it did last year as the government’s drive to replace coal with cleaner fuel boosted demand, a new report by the research arm of the country’s top oil producer showed.
A total of 167.6 billion cubic meters (35.3 billion cubic feet) was consumed in the first nine months of this year, 16.6% more than the same period in 2016, CNPC Economics and Technology Research Institute, part of China National Petroleum Corp., estimated in its report published on Wednesday. That compares with a growth rate of 7% in the same period last year, the institute’s data show.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas