China’s Bank Loan Growth Tapers as Year-End Approaches
(Beijing) — The growth of China’s broadest measure of new credit in October fell short of what analysts expected as some of the country’s largest commercial lenders have already used up their respective annual loan quotas.
Total social financing — the broadest measure of credit, which includes bond and equity issuance, trust loans and entrusted loans — stood at 1.04 trillion yuan ($156.6 billion) in October, the People’s Bank of China (PBOC) said on Monday. It was down from 1.82 trillion yuan in September but was still higher than the 886.5 billion yuan reported in October 2016.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas