WeChat Hitches Ride on Guangzhou Metro
Guangzhou Metro passengers can now pay for their rides with the WeChat messaging app, as Tencent Holdings Ltd. competes with its rival Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. to get on track in the public transportation sector.
Since last Thursday, commuters in the southern metropolis have been able to take the subway after allowing the turnstile to scan a QR code generated by a WeChat in-app mini program. The turnstiles can scan the codes within 0.3 seconds, Tencent said.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas