China Vanke Bets on Growth in Rental Market
China Vanke Co., the nation’s leading property developer, is repositioning its strategy to seek future growth from rental properties as the government encourages development of the fledging residential leasing market in a bid to rein in housing bubbles.
Yu Liang, Vanke’s chairman and chief executive officer, said Tuesday that the company has set its sights on becoming the leading player in the home rental market. Yu’s statement sparked a surge in Vanke’s Shenzhen-traded stock to a record 33.08 yuan ($5) a share during the day. The shares have recorded robust growth so far this year, rising 60% from the beginning of the year.
- 1Exclusive: Fallen Chief of Bad-Asset Manager Had Tons of Cash — Literally
- 2 Opinion: Trump’s China ‘Poison Pill’ May Hit Australia
- 3Shenzhen Has Billion-Dollar Bailout Plan For Local Companies
- 4Spy Camera Discovery Creates Outrage at Apartment Leasing Specialist
- 5Update: China’s Economic Growth Hasn’t Been This Slow Since Financial Crisis
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas