Alipay Rolls Into Shanghai Subway Stations
The race to go ticketless at Chinese subway stations is zipping ahead with a new tie-up between the Shanghai subway operator and electronic payments giant Alipay.
The pair signed a strategic agreement on Tuesday that could ultimately make current subway cards obsolete, and will also see a number of other new high-tech bells and whistles enter China’s second most traveled subway system, after only Beijing.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas