Apple Bests Xiaomi in ‘Mi Pad’ Trademark Battle
A European Union court has agreed to Apple Inc.’s request to block Chinese rival Xiaomi Inc. from using its trademark “Mi Pad” for Xiaomi tablets sold in the EU, saying the name is too similar to the U.S. tech giant’s “iPad.”
The trademarks “are highly visually and phonetically similar,” the EU General Court in Luxembourg, the region’s second-highest court, ruled Tuesday.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas