Former Billionaire Steel Magnate Banned From Leaving China
Former steel tycoon Li Zhaohui – once the richest businessman in China’s coal heartland of Shanxi province—is under court order not to leave the country over unpaid debts after the collapse of his steel empire.
Li was the chairman of Shanxi Highsee Iron and Steel Group Co. between 2003 and 2014. The company declared bankruptcy after its business slumped and its debts exploded when China’s steel sector suffered from severe overcapacity.
- 1Exclusive: Fallen Chief of Bad-Asset Manager Had Tons of Cash — Literally
- 2 Opinion: Trump’s China ‘Poison Pill’ May Hit Australia
- 3Shenzhen Has Billion-Dollar Bailout Plan For Local Companies
- 4Spy Camera Discovery Creates Outrage at Apartment Leasing Specialist
- 5Update: China’s Economic Growth Hasn’t Been This Slow Since Financial Crisis
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas