Bitcoin’s $287 Billion Market Value Passes Walmart
As Bitcoin’s meteoric rise continues, the cryptocurrency is now more valuable than Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Bitcoin price has nearly doubled over just the past week and now stands at $17,154, boosting its market value to $286.9 billion, according to data providers Coindesk and CoinMarketCap. The collective value of all bitcoins has been up more than 17-fold since the beginning of this year, and has surpassed U.S. hypermarket operator Walmart’s $286.7 billion market capitalization.
- 1Caixin View: China Feels Chill From Trouble in Turkey
- 285-Year-Old Petitioner, in Poor Health, Denied Parole
- 3In Depth: HNA Charts New Course Back to Airline Basics
- 4On Beijing’s Orders, Tsinghua May Give Up Control of Chipmaker Units
- 5Banned From Planes and Trains, Jia Yueting Hands Over U.S. Car Startup’s China Business
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas