Thousands in Rural China Secretly Burn Coal as Gas Prices Soar
(Linfen, Shanxi province) – Families in the heart of China's coal belt are secretly burning tree branches and coal briskets to keep warm this winter, after a government campaign to install gas heating failed to meet deadlines.
A spike in the price of natural gas and supply shortages have added to their woes, making it impractical for rural households and businesses to switch to the cleaner fuel.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas