Ant Financial Cashes Out of MoneyGram Purchase Plan
Ant Financial, the financial affiliate of e-commerce giant Alibaba, has scrapped a deal to buy U.S. peer MoneyGram International Inc. — the latest such cross-border acquisition to hit resistance in Washington over national security concerns.
The pair first announced the deal nearly a year ago, but said they mutually agreed to call it off due to inability to receive approval from the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), the U.S. agency that reviews all major cross-border deals for national security concerns. They said “extensive efforts” were made to address CFIUS’ concerns, according to a statement on Tuesday.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas