Quick Take: Chinese Regulator Denies Curbing U.S. Treasury Purchases
China’s foreign exchange regulator on Thursday dismissed a media report that said the country was stepping back purchases of U.S. Treasurys.
The report, which Bloomberg News published on Wednesday, suggested that China’s State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE) had recommended slowing or halting purchases of the U.S. government bonds, citing reasons that included investment alternatives and trade tensions with the U.S.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas