Quick Take: BGI Says It Will Slash Cost of Gene Testing to $300
Chinese gene testing firm BGI Genomics Co. vowed to halve the cost of its gene sequencing service to $300 per person, but this might not be enough to close the gap between it and U.S. competitor Illumina Inc. in both pricing and efficiency.
The company is working toward being able to finish an individual’s whole genome sequencing within 24 hours and limit the price to $300 by 2020, BGI CEO Yin Ye said Thursday at the J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference in San Francisco.
- 1Caixin View: China Feels Chill From Trouble in Turkey
- 285-Year-Old Petitioner, in Poor Health, Denied Parole
- 3In Depth: HNA Charts New Course Back to Airline Basics
- 4On Beijing’s Orders, Tsinghua May Give Up Control of Chipmaker Units
- 5Banned From Planes and Trains, Jia Yueting Hands Over U.S. Car Startup’s China Business
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas