Quick Take: BGI Genomics Partners With Traditional Chinese Medicine Supplier
Chinese genome giant BGI Genomics Co. Ltd. has expanded into a new business: helping to standardize and modernize traditional Chinese medicine (TCM).
BGI has agreed to set up a joint venture with Kangmei Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., a TCM developer that cultivates several herb plantations in China, the companies announced Friday.
Kangmei Pharma will contribute 95% of the $7.5 million project’s funding, while BGI will provide devices and technology. A Kangmei representative told Caixin that the drugmaker wants to grasp a better understanding of herbs to control TCM quality and improve its efficacy.
- 1 Own Goal? China Company Faces Massive Customer Refund If France Wins World Cup
- 2The World According to China’s No. 1 Travel Agent
- 3Opinion: How Did China Leapfrog Everyone in E-Commerce?
- 4 Biotech Firm BGI Denies Accusations of Property Development, Bribery
- 5China Urges American Companies to Help End Trade War
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas