Foreign Airlines Warned After Marriott Geography Blunder
China’s aviation ministry has issued orders for all foreign airlines to check their websites for any listings of Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau or Tibet as “countries,” and rectify the listings if necessary.
The warning comes after global hotel giant Marriott International Inc. made headlines last week after its website was found to refer to those Chinese territories as countries in a recent customer survey.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas