Manufacturing Activity Maintains Steam in January
China’s manufacturing activity expanded for an eighth straight month in January as companies ramped up production on solid demand, a Caixin survey showed Thursday.
The Caixin China General Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) came in at 51.5 last month, unchanged from that in December, which was the highest reading since August.
The indicator is closely watched by investors as one of the first available monthly barometers of the health of the world’s second-largest economy. A number greater than 50 indicates an expansion in activity, while a reading of less than 50 means a contraction.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas