Factory Activity Growth Hits Eight-Month Low in January
Expansion in China’s manufacturing activity hit an eight-month low in January, although a new index showed overall output maintained a stable increase as the service and construction sectors continued to gain momentum, official data showed on Wednesday.
The official manufacturing purchasing managers index (PMI) declined for the second straight month in January to 51.3, the lowest reading since May, according to figures from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS). A number above 50 indicates that activity expanded, while anything below that signals it contracted.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas