Didi Eyes Growth With Taiwan Deal, New Hong Kong App
Users across the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan can now use the same Didi Chuxing app to hail taxis and shared cars, as the company continues its expansion outside the mainland.
Didi on Monday officially launched a new app dubbed Didi Hong Kong — an upgraded version of Kuaidi Taxi, which the brand had used since 2015 when it first entered the city.
The move comes weeks after Didi announced a partnership in Taiwan with Ledi Technology Co. Ltd., which granted exclusive rights to the local firm to promote and use the Didi brand and platform on the island.
- 1Exclusive: Fallen Chief of Bad-Asset Manager Had Tons of Cash — Literally
- 2Update: China’s Economic Growth Hasn’t Been This Slow Since Financial Crisis
- 3Update: Stocks Surge After Xi’s Top Economic Adviser Calms Investors
- 4In Depth: China’s New Household-Debt Fears
- 5Real Estate Market Braces for Winter
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas