Didi Eyes Growth With Taiwan Deal, New Hong Kong App
Users across the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan can now use the same Didi Chuxing app to hail taxis and shared cars, as the company continues its expansion outside the mainland.
Didi on Monday officially launched a new app dubbed Didi Hong Kong — an upgraded version of Kuaidi Taxi, which the brand had used since 2015 when it first entered the city.
The move comes weeks after Didi announced a partnership in Taiwan with Ledi Technology Co. Ltd., which granted exclusive rights to the local firm to promote and use the Didi brand and platform on the island.
- 1In Depth: Tesla Charges Into China
- 2China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 3Update: China’s New Credit Growth Hits Record High
- 4 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 5China Suspends Registration of Direct Selling Firms
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas