Philippine Senator Demands $74 Million Refund, Penalty for Overweight Trains
The president of the Philippine Senate is demanding that a Chinese light-rail train maker refund $74 million for 48 overweight trains and be blacklisted from all future government projects.
Philippine Senate President Aquilino Pimentel III demanded a full refund by CRRC Dalian Co. Ltd., which delivered 48 light-rail coaches in 2016 that exceeded the weight limit for the Metro Rail Transit (MRT) system in Manila, according to a statement posted on Saturday on the Senate’s website.
- 1Exclusive: Fallen Chief of Bad-Asset Manager Had Tons of Cash — Literally
- 2 Opinion: Trump’s China ‘Poison Pill’ May Hit Australia
- 3Shenzhen Has Billion-Dollar Bailout Plan For Local Companies
- 4Spy Camera Discovery Creates Outrage at Apartment Leasing Specialist
- 5China's Stock Rout Puts $613 Billion of Share Pledges at Risk
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas