Consumer Group Criticizes Online Platforms for Fakes
China’s government-backed consumer rights group has criticized major e-commerce platforms for allegedly selling or letting third-party merchants sell counterfeit products.
Counterfeits were purchased from nine of 16 shops targeted by the China Consumers Association in a recent test, according to an association report released last week.
Sixteen of the 53 purchased products — mainly well-known foreign products such as personal care items — could not be authenticated through manufacturer or license checks, the report said (link in Chinese).
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas