Tencent Tops Chinese Leader Board on Global Innovator List
Online game and social networking giant Tencent Holdings Ltd. was the top Chinese name on a list of the world’s 50 most innovative companies, winning praise for building its hugely popular WeChat mobile messaging app into a leading entertainment platform.
Tencent finished fourth on “The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies 2018” list published by Fast Company, behind only U.S. high-tech heavyweights Apple Inc., Netflix Inc. and Square Inc. Other Chinese companies that made the list included news aggregator ByteDance at No. 16, online educational services firm VIPKid at 29, and drone giant DJI at 35.
- 1Exclusive: Fallen Chief of Bad-Asset Manager Had Tons of Cash — Literally
- 2Update: China’s Economic Growth Hasn’t Been This Slow Since Financial Crisis
- 3Update: Stocks Surge After Xi’s Top Economic Adviser Calms Investors
- 4In Depth: China’s New Household-Debt Fears
- 5Real Estate Market Braces for Winter
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas