BMW, Great Wall Considering Electric Mini JV in China
BMW Group has signed a letter of intent with China’s Great Wall Motor Co. to jointly produce battery-powered Mini vehicles in China, as the German carmaker seeks to expand its electric car business in the world’s largest automobile market.
The planned joint venture with Great Wall represents BMW’s first Mini assembly site outside Europe.
“Next steps will be to agree on the details of a possible joint venture and cooperation agreement and clarify aspects such as the choice of production location and concrete investments,” the German company said in a Friday statement.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas