Geely Owner Buys Nearly 10% Stake in Daimler
Li Shufu, the billionaire chairman of privately-owned Chinese automaker Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co. Ltd., has acquired a 9.69% stake in Daimler AG, owner of the Mercedes-Benz brand, becoming the German company's largest single shareholder.
Tenaclou3 Prospect Investment Ltd, an investment arm controlled by Geely Group Co. Ltd., a sister company of Geely that is owned by Li and his son, bought the stake in Frankfurt-listed Daimler, according to a regulatory filing released by Daimler on Friday. The market value of the stake is around 7.4 billion euros ($9.1 billion) at the current share price.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas