Tech Talk: Smartphone-Maker Xiaomi Searches for Street Cred in Barcelona
This week marks the launch of Tech Talk, a bi-weekly column featuring in-depth looks at China’s latest technology trends and the companies behind the stories.
We’re taking a virtual magic carpet ride to Spain for this inaugural Tech Talk column, where smartphone wunderkind Xiaomi Inc. is making its own inaugural appearance at the world’s biggest telecommunication show in Barcelona. In many ways I feel like a sort of surrogate parent for this company, whose name is pronounced something like shyao-mee, as I’ve watched it grow up from its inception in 2010, including its high points and some low ones it would probably rather forget.
- 1China Cancels Trade Talks With U.S.
- 2Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 3Rape Investigation for Internet Tycoon Richard Liu Wraps Up
- 4Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 5 Caixin Explains: Why Urbanites are Choosing Pickles and Instant Noodles Over Avocados and Starbucks
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas