China Lays Down Higher Debt Barrier for Rail Lines
China’s top economic planning body will raise the revenue requirements local governments must meet before building rail systems, in a bid to slow the growth of regional debt, sources close to the matter told Caixin.
The National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) will consider the fiscal revenue, gross domestic product (GDP) growth and debt ratio of local authorities — all governments besides the central government — when it weighs whether to approve the construction of rail networks including subway and light rail systems.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas