China Targets More Cuts in Steel, Coal Capacity
China will continue to reduce overcapacity in steel and coal production this year, Premier Li Keqiang said in his annual report to the legislature on Monday, setting targets to take out 30 million metric tons of steel and 150 million metric tons of coal capacity.
The government will also close coal-fired power plants with capacity of less than 300,000 kilowatts that fail to meet necessary standards, Li said in his work report to the National People’s Congress. Companies in the steel industry will be encouraged to upgrade their plants to reduce pollution, he said.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas