U.S. Approves China-Made Biological HIV Drug
A biologically-based alternative HIV treatment developed in Taiwan and manufactured in China has won approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), becoming the first such made-in-China drug to receive such approval, its producers said on Wednesday.
Ibalizumab-uiyk, which also goes by the name of Trogarzo, is a new option for people who have tried more conventional drugs without success to treat the virus that causes AIDS due to factors like resistance to those drugs, according to Taiwan-based TaiMed Biologics, which developed the drug and is producing it on the Chinese mainland with partner WuXi Biologics.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas