President Xi’s Top Adviser Hails Government Reform Plan
China’s plan for the biggest overhaul of Communist Party and government institutions in more than a decade was hailed by Liu He, a key economic adviser to President Xi Jinping, as a profound transformation required to strengthen the governance of the party over the long term.
In a 5,474-character commentary (link in Chinese) covering half a page in the People’s Daily newspaper on Tuesday, Liu reiterated the need to strengthen the party’s leadership and promote governance.
- 1China Cancels Trade Talks With U.S.
- 2Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 3Rape Investigation for Internet Tycoon Richard Liu Wraps Up
- 4Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 5 Caixin Explains: Why Urbanites are Choosing Pickles and Instant Noodles Over Avocados and Starbucks
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas