Tencent Buys 28% of Video Producer
Tencent Holdings Ltd. will buy 28% of a filmed content producer from Beijing Enlight Media Co. Ltd., providing the former with new content for its leading online video service while netting a handsome profit for the latter.
Tencent’s video service is fighting a pitched battle for subscribers against rivals iQiyi Inc., which is backed by online search leader Baidu Inc.; and Youku Tudou, which is owned by e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. A key area where each is hoping to distinguish itself is exclusive content, with all three making major investments to obtain and produce video products for which they have exclusive rights.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas