Quick Take: China Gives Partial Green Light to Bayer-Monsanto Deal
German chemicals giant Bayer AG has obtained conditional approval from China's Commerce Ministry to acquire Monsanto Co., clearing one of its major international regulatory hurdles for the $66 billion deal to materialize.
The antitrust review, which began in December 2016, concluded that Bayer must spin off some businesses globally, including those of vegetable seeds, soybean, potatoes and cotton, among other assets, the ministry said in a statement on its website Tuesday.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas