Xi Adviser Liu He Named Vice Premier
As the curtain falls on the annual meeting of China’s legislature, 66-year-old economist Liu He has been thrust into the spotlight for the first time as one of the government’s key movers and shakers.
A longtime adviser to President Xi Jinping, Liu has become one of four vice premiers. Based on his rank and expertise, he will likely take charge of tackling the country’s economic and financial challenges.
- 1 China Seeks $7 Billion Sanctions Against U.S. in Dumping Dispute
- 2Opinion: China-U.S. Friendship Goes Deeper Than Fights Over Trade, Pollution
- 3With Latest IPhones, Apple Again Bows to the Chinese Market
- 4Chinese Scientist Blasts U.S. Over Politicization of Research
- 5Gallery: Xi’an’s War on ‘Illegal’ Villas Thunders On
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas