Meituan-Dianping’s Car-Hailing Service Hits Shanghai’s Streets
After months of speculation, Meituan-Dianping, one of China’s largest online services platforms, has rolled out its car-hailing business.
Starting Wednesday, users in Shanghai can hail rides through Meituan’s mobile app, which already offers a range of services such as food delivery, hotel bookings and movie tickets.
The rollout comes after months of media speculation about where the company would launch the service, as well as a potential price war with car-hailing leader Didi Chuxing Technology Co. Ltd., which itself recently entered the food takeout space.
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2Chinese Thesis Ghostwriting Scandal Reveals Huge Gray Market
- 3China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 4 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 5Trump Slaps New Tariffs on $200 Billion of Chinese Goods
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas