Meituan-Dianping’s Car-Hailing Service Hits Shanghai’s Streets
After months of speculation, Meituan-Dianping, one of China’s largest online services platforms, has rolled out its car-hailing business.
Starting Wednesday, users in Shanghai can hail rides through Meituan’s mobile app, which already offers a range of services such as food delivery, hotel bookings and movie tickets.
The rollout comes after months of media speculation about where the company would launch the service, as well as a potential price war with car-hailing leader Didi Chuxing Technology Co. Ltd., which itself recently entered the food takeout space.
- 1In Depth: Tesla Charges Into China
- 2China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 3Update: China’s New Credit Growth Hits Record High
- 4 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 5In-Depth: Investment Group CMIG Starts Asset Sales Amid Liquidity Crunch
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas