Online Insurer ZhongAn Posts Annual Loss Amid Fast Expansion
China’s first online insurer reported its first annual net loss of nearly 1 billion yuan in 2017 due to rising business costs and unearned premium reserve payments, the company said on Tuesday.
ZhongAn Online Property & Casualty Insurance reported premium revenue of 5.95 billion yuan ($938.9 million) in 2017, up 74.7% from the previous year. But the company saw a net loss of 996 million yuan, compared to a 9.37 million yuan profit in 2016.
- 1China Cancels Trade Talks With U.S.
- 2Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 3Rape Investigation for Internet Tycoon Richard Liu Wraps Up
- 4Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 5 Caixin Explains: Why Urbanites are Choosing Pickles and Instant Noodles Over Avocados and Starbucks
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas