Beijing to 'Fight Back at All Costs' Against New Trump Tariffs
U.S. President Donald Trump said he is considering a new round of tariffs on an additional $100 billion worth of Chinese imports, prompting Beijing to say it will “fight back at all costs,” highlighting escalating trade tensions between the world’s top two economies.
Trump said his move was in response to China’s announcement Wednesday that it will levy potential retaliatory tariffs on about $50 billion worth of U.S. goods, including aircraft and soybeans. Those taxes would take effect if the U.S. implements its own proposed tariffs, published in a document earlier in the week, targeting a similar value of Chinese goods.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas