Alibaba-Led Group Injects $600 Million Into AI Specialist SenseTime
Artificial intelligence (AI) company SenseTime said on Monday it has raised $600 million from a group led by e-commerce giant Alibaba, bringing its total funds raised to more than $1 billion as it cashes in on surging demand for its services.
Other members in the company’s third funding round include Singaporean sovereign wealth fund Temasek and Chinese retailing giant Suning, SenseTime said in a statement. SenseTime operates a supercomputing platform that lets users build models using hundreds of billions of parameters.
- 1Chinese Thesis Ghostwriting Scandal Reveals Huge Gray Market
- 2 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 3With Latest IPhones, Apple Again Bows to the Chinese Market
- 4China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 5Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas