Opinion: Li Ka-shing’s Singular Success
It’s not the “end of an era,” as other pundits have observed. Li Ka-shing announced he will be stepping down as the company’s chairman and executive director in May. After 68 years since founding Cheung Kong he will continue as an advisor to the group. It is hard to imagine that any founder will easily relinquish his or her influence of such a vast business group. Especially, since part of his success was due to being unencumbered and unrestrained by a large family network.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas