Quick Take: Former Rising Political Star Admits to Taking Millions in Bribes
Former rising political star Sun Zhengcai on Thursday pleaded guilty to charges of taking over 170 million yuan ($27 million) in bribes from 2002 to 2017, according to a court in the northern port city of Tianjin.
Sun, former party secretary in the southwestern municipality of Chongqing, made the plea during his trial at the Tianjin No. 1 Intermediate People’s Court. Prosecutors charged him with taking the money while he served in various government posts, including minister of agriculture and party secretary of the northeastern province of Jilin.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas