Q&A: How Five Men Were Wrongly Convicted of Murder
On Wednesday, a court in China dramatically overturned the 20-year-old murder convictions of five men. The accused — all surnamed Zhou, but not related to each other — have long maintained they were tortured into confessing.
Now the head judge of the original trial takes Caixin inside what happened, how the legal system failed, and how the “five Zhous,” as the public came to call them, were unjustly charged with the 1996 attack on a rural family in Anhui province.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas