Trials, Tribulations and Tutus
One morning in late March, Jiaojiao, a fifth-grader in rural Hebei province, got up earlier than usual and rushed to pin her long hair into a tightly coiled bun at the top of her head.
Jiaojiao had been preparing for this morning for more than a year, jogging regularly in a special sauna suit her mother Liu Qiuju had bought, eating only fruit for dinner each day and practicing martial arts. Her dream was to lose enough weight to get into the province’s Hebei Vocational Art College as a dance major, and the college was holding a local entrance audition in just a few hours.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas