Markets Don’t Heave With Retirement of Ho
Investors seemed unfazed by the announced retirement of Hong Kong casino magnate Stanley Ho, with shares of two of his major companies seeing little turbulence Monday.
The stock price of his flagship SJM Holdings Ltd. closed down 1.7% Monday to HK$7.09 (90 U.S. cents) on the Hang Seng Index, while those for Shun Tak Holdings Ltd. were flat at HK$3.19.
Ho is stepping down as chairman and executive director of SJM after a general meeting on June 12, according to a company filing released last week to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas