Banks Likely Underreport Bad Debts, State Firm Finds
Banks have likely understated their bad debt, according to one of China’s four national asset management companies (AMCs), which expects nonperforming loans (NPLs) to grow this year as lenders come under more pressure to recognize and dispose of them.
The AMC’s report was a rare acknowledgment from a state-owned company that the official figure for tracking bad debt in the banking system might be underestimated — a view that is widely held outside of China.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas