JD.com Buys 33% Stake in Allianz China Unit
Chinese e-commerce giant JD.com Inc. will pay 536.6 million yuan ($85.4 million) for a 33.3% stake in the China unit of German insurance giant Allianz SE. The transaction marks JD.com’s latest push into the internet finance sector.
The purchase will make JD.com the second largest shareholder of Allianz China General Insurance Co. after Allianz Group, the insurer said in a filing Monday. The JD.com investment is part of an 805 million yuan fundraising by Allianz China.
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2Chinese Thesis Ghostwriting Scandal Reveals Huge Gray Market
- 3China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 4 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 5Trump Slaps New Tariffs on $200 Billion of Chinese Goods
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas