JD.com Plows Logistics Resources Into Mao Zedong Hometown
JD.com will invest 10 billion yuan ($1.6 billion) on a new smart logistics initiative in the hometown of former Chinese leader Mao Zedong, in the e-commerce giant’s latest push to improve efficiency of its national fulfillment networks.
JD.com Inc. has signed a deal with the city of Xiangtan, which will see the pair “cooperate to build up a smart logistics system in the city, including investment for the purchase of electric scooters and drones, among other projects,” the company said in statement on Sunday.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas