Quick take: JD.com Launches Spanish E-Commerce Platform
Online retailer JD.com Inc. has launched a Spanish-language e-commerce platform, which the company says will serve the world’s approximately 400 million Spanish speakers.
JD.com Chairman and CEO Richard Liu was in Madrid on Monday to introduce the new website, Joybuy, which had been launched just days before and now offers more than 100,000 products.
It is JD.com’s fourth foreign-language e-commerce site, following its English, Russian and Indonesian platforms, as the firm seeks to expand overseas.
The new platform sells mainly made-in-China products, such as electronic devices, toys and apparel. According to a news release from the company, JD.com will introduce some Chinese brands to Spain, including Nubia smartphones and Hasee laptops.
More than 44% of online orders in Spain are already cross-border, JD.com said.
The company plans to establish a warehouse in Spain to achieve more efficient delivery to the European country, it said. The company did not mention any specific steps it is taking to better serve Central and South American markets, which are home to the vast majority of the world’s Spanish speakers.
Contact reporter Coco Feng (email@example.com)
Nov 16 04:00
Nov 16 04:22
Nov 16 03:43
Nov 15 17:49
Nov 15 15:25
Nov 15 13:33
Nov 15 13:59
Nov 15 13:19
Nov 15 13:29
Nov 15 13:06
Nov 15 10:54
Nov 14 22:18
Nov 14 18:03
Nov 14 18:32
Nov 14 18:57
- 1China’s Manufacturing Sector Expands at Fastest Pace in Nearly Three Years, Caixin PMI Shows
- 2China Will Create ‘Space Economic Zone’ by Midcentury: Report
- 3Swiss Telecom CEO Explains Why He’s Sticking With Huawei
- 4China Revamps Undergraduate Studies, Tapping Controversial Talent Program
- 5Alibaba’s Sales Surge 40% and Profit Triples
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas