Opinion: China Should Slash Reliance on Foreign Chips
* China should accelerate development of its own chip-production supply chain
* Case could interfere with country's goal of developing 5G mobile network
The seven-year ban on purchasing American-made components imposed by the U.S. on Chinese telecom equipment-maker ZTE Corp. is sounding an alarm over China’s dependence on third-party chips.
China should accelerate the speed at which it is developing its own chip-production supply chain instead of just talking the talk because this sector is of great importance to the national interest and people’s livelihoods.
- 1Chart of the Day: ‘Made in China 2025’ Dropped From List of Local Government Priorities
- 2‘Aquaman’ Makes Huge Splash in China Box Office
- 3Update: Huawei CFO Faces U.S. Fraud Charges, Canadian Court Told
- 4Update: China Logs Record-High Surplus With U.S. Despite Softening Overall Export Growth
- 5It Has Been a Bad Year for the Yuan. 2019 Could Be Worse
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas