Opinion: China Should Slash Reliance on Foreign Chips
* China should accelerate development of its own chip-production supply chain
* Case could interfere with country's goal of developing 5G mobile network
The seven-year ban on purchasing American-made components imposed by the U.S. on Chinese telecom equipment-maker ZTE Corp. is sounding an alarm over China’s dependence on third-party chips.
China should accelerate the speed at which it is developing its own chip-production supply chain instead of just talking the talk because this sector is of great importance to the national interest and people’s livelihoods.
- 1China Mulls Ban on Transporting Coal, Ore, Steel by Truck
- 2Update: China Abruptly Ends Anti-Dumping Probe Against U.S. Sorghum
- 3Quick Take: Nigeria Awards $6.7 Billion Rail Project To China
- 4Carrefour Opens New Tech-Infused Grocery Store in Shanghai
- 5U.S., China Strike Trade Deal, Ending Threat of Protective Tariffs
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas