China Quarterly Box Office Tops North America for First Time
* Domestic movie theaters earn $3.14 billion at the box office in the first quarter
* China’s take for the period exceeds the North American box office total by 42%
(Beijing) — China’s film market has for the first time surpassed North America in quarterly box office revenue, raking in 20 billion yuan ($3.14 billion) from January to March.
The figure, according to domestic industry tracker Maoyan, was 42% higher than a $2.22-billion gross made by North American theaters during the same period, according to data from Box Office Mojo.
- 1China’s Moon Explorer Posts Photo of Sprouting Cotton Plant
- 2Huawei Canada Exec Quits as Scandal Continues to Embroil Company
- 3Luckin Coffee Reportedly Seeks IPO in Hong Kong
- 4Bank of China to Test Waters for Perpetual Bonds
- 5Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Smartphone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas