Stock Exchange Sees Hype Behind Hainan Horse-Racing Village
The Shenzhen Stock Exchange is questioning whether a Hainan-province-based company’s plan to create a “horse-racing village” on the island was speculation designed to pump up its share price after news of the project sent its stock soaring for a second straight day.
The company, Luoniushan Co. Ltd., which specializes in agricultural and animal husbandry, on Wednesday disputed concerns over the project’s feasibility, responding that its plan for the 29 billion yuan ($4.55 billion) project was viable, though it acknowledged that the project might be delayed due to insufficient funding.
- 1China Cancels Trade Talks With U.S.
- 2Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 3Rape Investigation for Internet Tycoon Richard Liu Wraps Up
- 4Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 5 Caixin Explains: Why Urbanites are Choosing Pickles and Instant Noodles Over Avocados and Starbucks
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas