Government Shuffles Supervisors for Local Financing Businesses
The Ministry of Commerce has transferred oversight over financial leasing companies, commercial factoring firms and pawnshops to the China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission (CBIRC).
The move is the latest measure to strengthen financial supervisory coordination and address regulatory shortcomings — goals stressed during the National Financial Work Conference last year. While the People’s Bank of China and the CBIRC will formulate unified supervisory policy and provide guidance on how to implement it, they will give local authorities the scope to decide how best to implement the policy.
- 1China’s Moon Explorer Posts Photo of Sprouting Cotton Plant
- 2Huawei Canada Exec Quits as Scandal Continues to Embroil Company
- 3Luckin Coffee Reportedly Seeks IPO in Hong Kong
- 4Bank of China to Test Waters for Perpetual Bonds
- 5Apple Chief Counsel Accuses Qualcomm of Holding Smartphone-Makers for ‘Ransom’
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas